Introducing Lechal, latest in wearable navigation from the house of Ducere technologies. Lechal (meaning take me there in Hindi) is based on two little pods and a pair of insoles that the users put inside their shoes. With our lives taken over by technologies, Lechal is a cool tech that stays under you and with you, in all your travels and movements throughout the day, weeks, and months.
This wearable technology comes loaded with many features that make navigation simple, unobtrusive, and detailed. The product pack comprises insoles, a charger, and an application for thesmartphone, which is downloadable.
The Lechal app on your smartphone links with the footwear through Bluetooth. The user interfaces with the app and can decidethe destination. The phone’s GPS navigation system calculates the data for location and conveys the directions by the means of vibrations in the shoes. With different sets of vibrations allotted to different meanings.
Most interestingly, Lechal is capable of delivering flawless navigation even when it is totally offline. His makes the navigator a complete companion for all sorts of excursions and navigations. This is made possible by the app, which has its own data bank where it collects and stores huge amounts of gps map data. The battery on Lechal can last as long as 15 days at a stretch, making it duty heavy and dependable.
Besides this, Lechal also doubles up as a great fitness tracker. The gadget is good at counting steps and tracking calories count and functions as a pedometer. The app allows the user to set goals, besides creating customized workout sessions and more. The footwear also has options for tagging locations by simply tapping at a location with your toes.
- Lechal also has the alert feature in case you accidentally leave your phone behind. So you don’t have to keep checking for your phone when you are out enjoying the sightseeing trip.
- A great feature is the gesture control. With this feature, wearers will have the ability to use gestures such as tilting the foot for tagging locations.
- A milestone in smart navigation, Lechal will tag for you anything that interests you in your sightseeing journey. These are locations tagged for later use, with easy sharing via the net with friends. It could even be the new trail you have discovered, that you can record for future excursions.
- The shoes are quite promising as wearable fitness monitor too. Tracking steps, calories, etc.
- The insoles are powered for a straight 15 day use. This is done by a rechargeable battery that goes into the very back of the insole or behind the heel of the shoes.
Overall, Lechal is more than just a gadget. It is a companion that stays with you under all conditions. Lossless and damage proof, the great battery life and offline capability make this wearable app a real delight for those who want to walk, ride, or drive around the world.